Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge No. 79 - Quilted Card



Hello everybody Heidi here again! It is a very surprising thing as I usually don’t post this often. However, there is a new Lawnscaping Challenge No. 79 and this time I am going to try to use all of my entries, because the challenge is about new techniques. There are three new techniques I want to try. I hope I get to try the last technique that I had planned , because I don’t had the product just yet, but I had ordered  it, so I hope that I’ll receive it on time to enter my project in the challenge.

For my first entry I want o showcase a technique that I recently spot on a video of this great crafter who I follow on YouTube and usually read her blog: Dawn Macvey. I am going to link her video here so you know what inspired me to create this card.No-Sew Quilted Cards

As usual I twisted things a little bit I. I made my quilt as a panel for a white card base instead for the card itself, I embossed with an embossing folder instead of an impression plate or cutting plate. The reason why the impression looks so subtle is because I use a different sandwich, if you use the embossing folder as usual, the impression is going to be too sharp for the quilted look. So I have a  pictured of my sandwich bellow, and I hope it helps you to use embossing folders in a different way.
The palette of colors that I used for this card is a little too subtle, so I am steeping outside of my comfort zone, but hey! it's all about trying new things, right? Also I got inspired by quilt that was made by my mother in law, so I tried to find similars shades in the Lawn Fawn paper collections.  The papers that I used for this quilted card are from the "Hello Sunshine," "In to the woods," and even from the "Peace Joy Love" collections by Lawn Fawn. The sentiment is from the "Critters at the Dog Park" also from Lawn Fawn.
 I hope that I can keep working on the rest of my entries for this great challenge that encourage you to try new techniques. And I hope you’ll enjoy my card!
Have a great week!
 
 


 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card :) thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design. Thanks for the inspiration :). I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Love your quilted card! Thank you for sharing this technique :)

    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete