Sunday, November 2, 2014

Holiday Craft Series 2014 Day 1




Hey Heidi here, ready to start the Holiday Craft series 2014, I was planning to start tomorrow Monday November the 3rd, but tomorrow I will be having a special post, that I hope you won't miss. 
If you follow me on Flickr, you probably already had seen many of my 2014 holiday cards. I going to start the series with a very special card that I made using a very cute stamp set: The Alpine Carolers from Mama Elephant, I want to start with this card because I want to enter it to the Mama Elephant and me November challenge, which, is all about holiday cards.
I hope you'll like it!
Instructions and supplies are below.  





Some instructions and supplies:
I used the picture frame from the "Instalove" creative cuts from Mama Elephant to created a window (see picture above), if you have a window die that would fit your carolers you could used it, if not this is how you could created your own window. I distress it a little bit using "old paper" distress ink.
For the back ground I stamped two times the skyline of buildings from the "Central Park" Stamp set from Mama Elephant, I use black and grey ink for that. I also used some "broken china" distress ink to create the appearance of sky, and then I used a light yellow marker to fill in the windows on the buildings.
I die-cut some snowy hills using the "Landscaping Trio" creative cuts dies, from Mama Elephant and sponge a little bit the edges with light blue ink.
I used the very lightest part of the falling snow stencil from SSS to create some falling snow with texture paste.
I stamped, colored (with Copic markers), and die cut the carolers, from the Alpine Carolers" stamp set from Mama Elephant, I chose the tree carolers to resemble my own family (my husband my little boy, and I), and placed them on the snow.
I also stamped, color, and fuzzy cut some ornaments from the same stamp set, to decorate my window. I placed all of my elements on the scene and adhered them using little dots of liquid adhesive.
I stamped the “From my family to yours" sentiment from the "Alpine carolers" stamp set, and created a little banner with it, which I sponged with a little bit of "old paper" distress ink.
I pop the window over my scene with some foam adhesive.
Finally I adhered the window with the scene to a red note card that I stamped with a brick background.

Thanks for stopping by, your kind comments make my day happier!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet scene, love the added baubles at the top of the window sill! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Love the winter scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow great idea to make a windows scene. So cute!

    ReplyDelete